1121 Belleville Avenue | Brewton, AL 36426
DW McMillan News
Map to Medical Center
List of Resources
Patient Portal - DWM
Medical Center History of Brewton, Alabama
The first Brewton medical center was founded in August, 1956 by Frank Phillipi, MD, Robert E. Low, MD, Emile O. Scharnitzky, MD and Eric Strandell, MD, all of whom believed they could best serve the healthcare needs of the Brewton Community if they worked together as a group. The practice then known as the "Brewton Medical Center" was first located at 1311 McMillan Ave in Brewton directly behind D. W. McMillan Memorial Hospital. It was at this location that the professional ranks grew to six physicians with Family Medicine being its primary concern. Obstetric and Gynecological services were added in 1988.
The Brewton Medical Center moved into a state of the art location at 1121 Belleville Avenue in April, 1998. Then in 1999 Pediatric and Cardiology Services were added. The practice was closed in July of 2020.
D.W. McMillan Medical Center
D.W. McMillan Memorial Hospital founded the D.W. McMillan Medical Center in August of 2020. Our professional staff consists of family physicians, OB/Gyn, and additional nurse practitioners.
We also welcome visiting specialists that see patients upon referral: Santa Rosa Orthopedics, SEC Lung, Bayside Orthopedics, Southeast Vascular, Nephrology Associates of Gulf Coast, and Renalus Center for Kidney Care.